My haul is finally up! I went shopping at rue 21 and Target and got some really good deals…
My haul is finally up! I went shopping at rue 21 and Target and got some really good deals…
So remember this video from a month ago?..
Hold on – A MONTH?! We are about 1/12 through 2015 and it’s insane to me. The past few weeks have flown by!
So I wanted to do a check in about my resolutions and hear from yall about how yours are going! So here they are..
1. Workout 4 days a week. I’ve actually stuck to this (except for the occasional 3 days/week)! I’ve been forced to go before work so I’m stuck waking up at 5:30 a few days a week, but I feel 100% better on the days I go. Its weird, since now the days I sleep in I feel even more tired! Except let’s be real.. What is it like to NOT feel tired? Point being, though, I actually am starting to enjoy going and it’s becoming a habit! I’m getting even more motivated the closer I get to my wedding and I’m just loving FEELING better! I’ve been mostly following the weekly Tone It Up workouts and they’re such a motivation.
2. Eat 2 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. First of all – who knew that it’s recommended we eat 8 servings of fruits and veggies a day?! Not me, and to be completely honest I find it a slightly unrealistic goal for a large percentage of people. Not saying that this shouldn’t be something we all aim for, but considering how busy people are and how much conscious effort it takes, I know I’m guilty to not living up to that rule of thumb. I’m sure a ton of people do reach that goal – you go glen coco, but that is a whole lot of veggies! So I’ve started to juice almost every day, and even though it’s a debatable subject, I feel great afterwards and I don’t get that gross, too full feeling anymore since I’m eating better!
3. Not taking stress home with me. THIS one I’ve improved on, but I’m definitely not perfect. Some days it’s super hard to be in a good mood after a really stressful, busy, hard day at work. Plus – I get really tired. But I think I’ve improved a lot on making an effort to live in the moment and not let little things get to me after they’re over. I’m lucky to have an amazing home life and, if we’re being honest here, that’s always most important to me!
How are you doing on your resolutions? Id love to hear what yours are, if your goals have changed, or steps you’re taking towards them!
So over the weekend I decided to go ahead and start cleaning out my closet! Basically, I feel like I never have anything to wear but I have no room at all in my closet. Classic girl problem – am I right?! I have a slight problem getting rid of clothes.. You never know when you’ll need something!
So I always start by just going from one side to the other, taking out clothes I haven’t worn in at least 6 months.
Then I just remove the hangers and fold up all the clothes to put in a bag to donate! But that’s only where it starts…
To finish really cleaning up my closet, I like to keep all my clothes organized. What I do is sort all of my tops on the top shelf, shorts and skirts on the bottom shelf, and dresses/jackets on the long shelf. And I always keep jeans folded on a shelf! If you hang them up, they can get stretched out and misshapen.
Then after I sort through that, I start to sort my tops by color. I go from white tops on the left to back tops on the right!
Then after sorting everything out, I make one last sweep of clothes I don’t need anymore! It takes me several times of cleaning out my closet to make a ton of progress since I have problems getting rid of things.. Let’s be honest! But I think any step makes getting ready easier and makes for a more relaxing, organized home!
Let me know if you have any closet organization tips or if you’d like to see other areas – like shoes or folded clothes! And anyone else have slight separation anxiety with clothes? Just me?
So Monday’s are always a hard day for me – see my last Monday post about inspiration here if the week is getting you down! But there’s nothing better than a comfortable outfit to make your day a whole lot better.. And the gym had hot water that morning, so that’s pretty much a miracle!
So over the weekend my mom showed up with these pants and I pulled them out for the first time yesterday. I’ll admit I was skeptical. I think printed pants look great on other people, but for someone who isn’t exactly a risk-taker when it comes to fashion, I was nervous and excited to try them out. And I have to say.. I LOVE them! They’re practically pajamas (I might have slept in them last night…) and still look nice enough for the office. And just ignore my natural dried hair…ack. OH and that I have to be holding my phone. I activate my camera with it – working on it!
So my weekend was actually a pretty great one – which I definitely needed before this crazy busy week at work! Saturday I did absolutely nothing, so that was pretty much a dream come true. I did some closet organization (post coming soon), took a bath (or two), finished a book and laid around in bed. It was AMAZING! Then yesterday Collin and I went looking for tuxes for our wedding, went to Zest Fest with my dad, then had a pretty relaxing night. So my weekend was just what I needed to recoup and rest up!
To go out on Sunday running a ton of errands and to the really fun convention, I opted for a comfy sweater and my flat over-the-knee boots.
Top – Rue 21 (not online, similar) | Jeans – James Jeans | Boots – Victorias Secret
See what I got in my first birch box of 2015! Subscribe so you don’t miss out next month when I start doing little unboxing competitions!
Since we’re a few weeks into the new year and I’m sure a lot of people have health-related resolutions, I thought I’d share what I take to the gym for the shower!
I’m still going strong on my resolution to workout 4x a week, and I’ve been loosely following the Tone It Up plan. I’m loving it! Unfortunately, though, I live in a state of semi-exhaustedness considering the only time I have to go to the gym is at 6AM before work. Also unfortunately, it forces me to have to shower at the gym, too. I thought I was done with public showers after moving out of the dorm, but ya know.. you gotta do what you gotta do!
Really though, it isn’t that bad. It was bad when the water heater was out at the gym for a few days, but it sure did wake me up! The showers are always clean, though, and there’s always open showers. So today I’m sharing what I take with me for my quick showers post-workout!
I keep it really simple and just grab any travel sized shampoo & conditioner I can find, a body wash, and a facial cleanser. Right now I’m carrying a bath and body works body wash, my philosophy 3-in-1 cleanser, and Pantene shampoo! The cleanser is my favorite since it doesn’t irritate my eyes and it’s small enough to stick in my little bag. I also stuck my sample size Prada perfume to keep myself from losing it in the endless container that is my gym bag!
Do you have to shower at the gym? What are your must-have products?
So I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of goal setting in the past few weeks, especially when it comes to blogging. I’ve started doing some chats and interacting more and I’ve been seeing a common trend of people worrying about making their blogs unique and standing out among a world of hundreds of thousands.. of which only a handful are really “successful”. I think the most important thing is to realize that just by being yourself in this world of blogging, your website and your photos and your posts are bound to be unique. Even if the same topics circle around the community, everybody has a slightly different view.
In the past I’ve measured my success off of views and interactions, etc. but I’ve decided to change my focus. I love to blog, to write, and to express my creative side. Working at a desk in a business world I don’t often get to come up with fun new things and figure out a way to express it that other people will like. So instead of focusing on the outcome, I’m going to start reaching out of my comfort zone a little more, going for new, crazy goals, and put everything I have into doing what I love and have fun with it. I encourage all of you to do the same, because there’s nothing that feels better than having fun doing what you enjoy – whether it’s blogging or any other hobby – and that should be how success is defined! Everything else comes in time.
Are you a blogger? How do you define success for your goals?
If you’re like me and have a bad case of the mondays EVERY week, sometimes motivation to actually be productive can be seriously lacking. As in.. at zero. I’m normally completely sleep depriven and in a state of semi-depression at all the work that’s about to come after a couple of days of relaxation! The switch can be a hard one to make quickly. So these are my top tips to get some more motivation.
1. Make a list of goals. These can be short-term goals, long-term goals, life goals.. anything you want. I normally like to write down some goals I’d like to reach with my blog and milestones I want to reach by a certain point, etc. It helps to write out what you want to accomplish. Which brings me to my second point…
2. Make a to-do list. I don’t always make my lists first thing in the day, but I like to write down literally everything I need to do! Even if they’re already done, starting to cross things off your list is bound to make you feel accomplished and a little more ready to get going. And there’s nothing better than having everything done! Sometimes I’ll even track time to make me happy at how long or hard I’ve been working.
3. Get organizational tools you love. Personally, I might just be weird, but I think there’s nothing better than a new, blank notebook and a new pen. Ok.. maybe I am weird. I just love opening up to a blank page and being able to put down whatever I want! My point is that sometimes the simple things can help you feel a little more motivated and that feeling of being organized (in your own way) is a great one!
4. Read or watch something that relates to your goals. Whether that means looking up motivational quotes on pinterest, reading your favorite books, watching youtube videos or reading blogs (my favorites), do something that motivates you! I always think it’s a great jump start to see somebody accomplished doing something related to your goals. It may be a career goal, school goal, or personal accomplishment – but whatever it is, even finding a mantra or doodle can help you refresh your productivity!
I hope some of my tips helped on this Monday morning (or night.. or any time ) and be sure to share your tips with me! I hope everyone has a great week!
So I went to target the other day – haul coming soon, of course – but I was on the lookout for a new nailpolish since I have my engagement pictures saturday! Honestly, I just have no time to get my nails done between my early mornings, 8-5 (at least) workdays, and getting the house ready for visitors this weekend at night. So I knew I wanted to try one of the gel polishes on the market!
First I spotted some Sally Hansen gel nails, but they needed a lamp, which I don’t have. By the way, anybody have those? Worth it?
So then I picked some random nailpolish and started to walk to checkout when I spotted a display for no lamp gel nails – hallelujia! And thus, I ended up with the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure polish.
I didn’t get the top coat since they were completely sold out. That target was completely sold out of a TON of things – closing maybe? – but it was really a disappointment! Anyways, I ended up just getting the polish since I’m not too picky about my nails anyway. Why not?
I got the color Scarlet, and when I put it on I was shocked at how it only took one dip to paint a whole hand.. With complete coverage!
I’m SO happy with the results. I’m only on day 2, but I have zero chips with one coat and a quick second on the nails that needed it. Normally, I have chips quick! So I give this raving reviews and would recommend it to anyone. Even greater than how great the coverage and thickness is, I love the color AND it really looks like a gel manicure. It looks strong and smooth, like I actually paid $35 for it.. and I paid less than $10.